The Evaluation Framework project is a six-month initiative (on track to finish in November 2021). This project has two primary objectives:
- To identify the high-level measures available to support the success indicators and evaluation framework for the CoVE’s activities; and
- To develop a collection and reporting system with baseline measures against which progress can be assessed and reported.
The primary objectives will be achieved when the project delivers the following enabling objectives:
- All relevant stakeholder statistical information needs are clearly specified.
- PMO performance measures have been specified and approved by the GM CoVE.
- All relevant data sources have been identified, analysed and the relevance of those data is fully understood and documented.
- A robust data collection methodology is developed and adopted by all Food and Fibre sector data providers.
- An effective and efficient data storage, analysis and reporting system has been implemented in the CoVE.
The Taking Stock project is due to start in late June/early July. Its objectives are to:
- Through a literature review, establish an authoritative view of best practice in VET delivery (against which the current state can be compared) and prepare this information for inclusion in a FFCoVE knowledge base.
- Seek opinion from industry, Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers and learners about what is working well in VET and what good practice looks like.
- In the process:
- Identify any issues and opportunities with respect to achieving vocational excellence across the sector. That is, note comments and observations as they arise from objective 2. It is not the intention of the project to actively search out what isn’t working.
- Identify potential performance measures by which the CoVE might report progress as and when those issues and opportunities are addressed.